In September 2019, STREAM became a District-wide program for all ages.
- Students in K-12 were given the opportunity to participate in a first-ever after-school program to focus on science, technology, reading, engineering, art, and math.
- Our former STEM lab was thereby upgraded and disbursed between all campuses providing this after-school program through the initial generous donations by:
- Big Crawfish Bash
- Santa Fe TX Education Foundation
- United Way
- Valero Benefit for Children/Texas City Refinery
COVID-19 didn't stop the focus of our STREAM leadership!
- The after-school program quickly shifted to a virtual format.
- Santa Fe ISD moved forward with its first-ever summer camp and hosted STREAM camps virtually.
We are Growing:
- For continuity for our junior high students, the Robotics program is expanding to include high school students in the 2020-21 school year.
- The ultimate goal is to expand to include elementary grades 3-5.
- To achieve all of this, we need to raise $208,000.
Cultivate. Nurture. Ignite. Inspire.
Robotics Club 2019
In its first year, the Robotics program was invited to participate in Nationals and World competitions!
STREAM After- School Program Kubacak Elementary 2019
Students in 4th and 5th grades at Kubacak Elementary school gather together after working in teams to collaborate on ideas for a project. Then, they presented their project, with learned successes and failures, in front of the class!